Mill Creek Beacon - Your Hometown News Source

earth day savings smart thermostat

By David Pan
Reporter 

Tragic accident leads to area man's passion

Burned Children Recovery Foundation battling to stay in business

 

Last updated 11/19/2020 at 7:55pm



Michael Mathis has always been a fighter.

That was never more evident than when he was 11 and nearly lost his life in a horrific accident at a friend's house near Paine Field.

Mathis went to spend the night with his friend. The two were camping outside. Because it was cold, Mathis' friend went to pour some gasoline on a campfire.

Suddenly and without warning, the gasoline can exploded: Mathis saw a big flash that knocked him to the ground.

"I thought I was laying in fire," Mathis said. "The gas blew up on me. ... I was watching the skin melt off of my arms. I knew I was in shock. I didn't f...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2020

Rendered 04/20/2021 03:42