Saltzman's Top 10
Last updated 1/3/2020 at 1:21pm
Happy New Year! It is hard to believe we are halfway through the school year. I cannot wait to see what possibilities and opportunities 2020 has in store for our students!
We have many things to be proud of in our schools. In light of the New Year and all of the “count down” lists, I would like to list the top 10 things I have been impressed with since joining Everett Public Schools.
10. Our 95.9% graduation rates, which puts us in the top three in the state. But even better than the rates, are the students prepared for future success these numbers represent.
9. Instructional Reviews, which are new this year. They are focused time at each school where we review academic progress, look at areas for growth and make a plan to wrap support services around the goal areas. The purpose is continuous improvement of academic performance, and it is already making a difference.
8. Student leadership at the middle and high school levels. I have been meeting with these groups and am so impressed with their passion, commitment, and great ideas. They are making a difference now and will be making great impacts in the future.
7. Volunteers and PTA, who spend time in our schools, provide resources and support that otherwise could never happen. We rely on these amazing people who commit so much of their time to our students.
6. The board of directors, who commit countless hours to help guide the district through policy, advocating for student success. This is School Board Appreciation month, so if you see a board member be sure to thank them for their service!
5. Our support staff, who work behind the scenes serving food, balancing budgets, driving busses, repairing sinks, developing curriculum, xing computers, and many other things in order to keep our district functioning smoothly. They so often go unnoticed and are true heroes.
4. This amazing community that embraces our students and staff, and many who have reached out to see how they can better support our schools.Iamgratefultobeinthiscommunity.
3. Our principals who provide amazing leadership in our schools. They are the heartbeat that keeps our schools high- functioning, safe and educationally focused.
2. Our teachers and paraeducators, who tirelessly support our students every day, focusing on instruction and providing what every child needs to be successful.
1. Our amazing students, who are learning and growing and are going to make a huge impact in our community and world. Writing and reviewing this list makes me grateful. Thank you for your part and your support of Everett Public Schools.
Let’s make 2020 a great year.